The results are in!
No, I'm not talking about the oh so popluar election going on in the States.For me here in Japan, it's not Super Tuesday, but Super Wednesday.
Why you ask?
Well I received the results from the Japanese language exam I took in December.
As you may remember I was sick the day of the test, and in previous practice tests I was not doing so well. I had been studying intensely for two months but it wasn't making as big of a change as I had hoped. At least not in the scores I was receiving.
After the test I was pretty uncertain about the results. The flu I had really wiped me out.
But I was happy regardless of the outcome because my listening and speaking in everyday life had improved. And that was always my main goal.
Alan got his scores today while we had a meeting at his house, and he did great. But I had a few hours of work to do before I would be heading back home to check the mail for my results. Even when I got home I was hesitant to open the results.
I was really hoping for a 66%. I was sick and that would be a passing score. But I was sick and I could easily see a 59% showing up on the results card.
So I slowly open the card and saw these words:
I PASSED!!! But I was still assuming I hit my projected best score of 66% or so. Instead I looked over and saw that I only missed 101 points out of 400!!
I was sick and yet by the grace of God alone I pulled out a 75%.
If I had been healthy I just might have hit 80%.
This was hugely encouraging as I prepare for the most intense month of Japanese practice to date. A month one on one with a private tutor with a circulcum designed with my needs and weaknesses in mind. It will be so challenging, but I'm excited for it and I'm really praying for an amazing jump in my langauge ability as a result.
So I could really use your prayers now as I prepare for the time.
And from March 10 to April 4th as I am actually studying.
Thanks so much!
Looks the level 3 exam will be waiting for me come December 2008.
2 Comments:
Woo hoo! I'm proud of you! Granted, I'm envious too, that you can learn a foreign language when I can't even contort my mouth to sound Spanish, French, or German, which pretty much relegates me to being an English-only dud of an American. Way to go. You'll stay in my prayers. I know this language acquistion is just another golden key that opens huge doors for you to connect, and that opens doors for Jesus. How cool is that?!
I'm so happy for you. Back here in the states I'm prepping for when I head to India, I just found a Hindi teacher! Learning the languages of the world make it that much easier to help others!
CONGRATS!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home