Wednesday, January 09, 2008

December 07, where to start??

Well you already know about the Language test I took on the second day of December, but what has happened since then?

Well the majority of my December was busy planning the BEST Club Christmas Party. I had the help of some great freshman girls and a few sophomore guys. The planning went really well and in the end the party was a big hit (even if the planning team was late to it's own party, whoops!). The biggest highlight of the party was the guest speakers. We had two summer friends who were able to return to Utsu for Christmas. Ryan from the summer of 05 and Whitney from 06. They did a wonderful job presented different aspects of why Christmas and Jesus birth is so important. THANKS GUYS!!

Whitney was part the summer team my first summer back in Japan, and I was put in charge of helping her work things out to come back to visit. So her return was really special to me. The summer team that year did such an amazing job of encouraging me as I adjusted to life after language school, and the students they impacted while here really set the foundation for my ministry in many ways. So I am eternally grateful to them for all they did, and all God did through them.



Then on Christmas day we headed out for a Mid Term American Christmas. It was great to just set back and relax for a few days. Speaking only in English, watching only English movies and TV shows, and eating only American food. I love Japan and most of the food and even the struggle with the language but it get away from it all for a few day is also so nice.

But this was also a bit sad because it make the last big event in which Mary will be in Japan. I received my training and worked toward returning to Japan with Mary and she arrived here a month before me. Mary, Joanna, and I have been like a team supporting each other along the way and soon she will be heading back home. It makes my heart sad, thinking of Japan and the Staff Conference in March with out her :( Maybe this isn't the clearest pictures but it's reminds me of all the fun we had along the way. If you don't know Mary is the one on top.


But there were also special new moments. Mandy and Elbert arrived in Shizuoka in September and this retreat gave me a chance to really get to know these two. They are a lot of fun and I am excited to be serving here with them. I know God is going to use there lives in big ways here in Japan. (Mandy and Elbert are beside me in this picture)


And Alan, Kyle and Jennifer also joined us this year so what was once three is now 9. So it been fun to see new young men and women come along side us to serve and love our Japanese friends.

So as the year came to an end I was reminded once again that I am blessed indeed!

Oh yeah Here's one last photo that proves how blessed I am. This photo was taken on the 23rd and I figured it would be the end of the surprise gifts and cards. But even over the next two days a few more cards came in. THANK YOU!!! to all of you who took the time to send me a little (or big) something to remind me of home. It really touched my heart and helped me take the time to stop and think about how much I miss all of you back home as well.

So this is a bit late but MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

2 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Inkling said...

Just popping in to say hello and to see what is up at Aim High. I like the pictures, and am glad you have a team around you. But I can also imagine how hard the goodbyes must be when they come your way. I'm sorry for that, for I can imagine how it hurts your heart. Those are never easy. But one thing I do know is this: Heaven is going to be one happening party, for there are a bunch of us who are going to be having a great time catching up and having incredible reunions, hanging out with no goodbyes in sight, and loving every moment that we get to be with Jesus and each other. You know?! Keep your courage up, my friend. And may you have an incredible new year with Jesus and the calling He's given you.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Keith said...

Thanks for stoping by inkling :)

Saying goodbye was sad but I agree we will not be seperated for ever, it's really just the opposite. Thanks for the great reminder.

And by the way I love your 6:8 Saturdays. It may seem foolish at times but with small steps we all really can change the world. It may never be perfect, but we CAN make it better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home