Friday, August 24, 2007

It's done

So it's finally decided. I looked around and I decided to go with Alan's suggestion and switch my photos to Picasa. I already had an account with them for posting photos on this blog and the more I explored it the more I loved the program. It's a good download and the new albums always post at the top of the page. Which means it will be easier for you to looks at my latest pictures! (Oh yeah, and the first Gigabite is free!) Perfect!

So feel free to click on the my online photo page tab to the right and check out some of the new pictures from the summer that I had been waiting to post until I chose my new account.


And just in case you need something to draw you in here are a few pictures for you right now.
Let's start with one of my favorites. Have I mentioned how much I love my crazy station wagon? Don't let that little 4 cylinder fool you. This 4WD wagon is a beast. The Delorian spent one weekend this summer delivering Utsu and Tokyo students to a mega off road camp site and acted like it was the freeway! Here you see one of the loads. 10 people? No problem!!

OK so that was a fun one, this one is a heartwarming one. This was taken when we went to visit Sendai. Toksan, a new believer, got a few quite moments on the beach with her new "sister" Eriko. Eriko is an awesome woman of faith and it really touched my heart to see them able to encourage each other on the lonely road of faith they share here in Japan. If you ever find your heart longing to pray for someone from Japan. These two ladies would love your prayers for courage and wisdom in life.

OK before I break into tears we better jump back to silly. This was our finally BEST Club event of the semester. Country Costume night. Not an easy theme in Japan. I really encourage you to check this album and see the "creative" costumes the students came up with. Check out those giant belt buckles (BIG BOSS, Let's RODEO) You gotta love color printers! I quick visit to google images and BAM! your costume is complete.

And the last sneak peek. August means it time for Hanabi. That is fireworks (If you couldn't guess). So we spent a day driving, frying, and oohing/awing. It was an exhausting day consisting of about 8 hours of driving. Around 5 hours spent on a beach with almost no sun screen. Then a late arrival at the fireworks. (the drivers dropped people off and then grabed parking spots. A half hour later we caught the final 5 minute mega finale as we walked up to the site) But it was so worth it. On the way back to the car I had an awesome conversation with my friend Teppi. You could be praying for him as well. That he would find the answer to his question. What is true happiness? And how does sin get in the way?

So what are you waiting for? Go check out the new picture page!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home