Saturday, October 13, 2007

Reflecting

I know it's been quite some time since I have posted.

With the USA Trip, and then two weeks back home, and now getting resettled here in Japan, I have been quite busy. (I should have new photos posted soon)

First of all : Two weeks is no where near enough time to catch up on a year's worth of visiting! So for those of you I was unable to visit, I am deeply sorry. I do look forward to the day when we sit down side by side and share stories and laughter again.



In the moments of down time I have had since being back in Japan I have found myself reflecting a bit on the past as I try and wrestle with the present and future.



This month marks a year and a half of living in Japan. And somethings have gotten better as I have adjusted to life here but I also find some life struggles and doubts still clinging to me.



Last night at BEST we looked at the Parable of the Talents from Matthew 25. And I was left thinking. What am I doing with the Talent God gave me? Do I really believe that he knows me and carefully gave me my Talent to protect. Or has he demanded to much from me. I think the key of this whole passage lies in verse 15 "each according to his ability". So our talent may stretch us but it is within our ability. And stretching my hurt a bit but it is good for us!



Being in Japan stretches me for sure, and there are many days I hurt, but I need to remember that I have been called to something that has been carefully weighed, and I was found to posses the ability to succeed at the task set before me.





This morning I found myself searching through a messy drawer for some letters that I was longing to read. I was so blessed when I left home a year and a half ago to get some good-bye notes of encouragement from my Navigator friends back at the University of Illinois.


As I once again broke the seals on these envelopes; I found anew, the words of encouragement and confirmation that they wrote as I headed back to Japan a year and a half after visiting in the summer of 2004.

Now another year and a half later I am deeply refreshed again by their words and the Words of God that they shared with me.

Reminders that:

God chooses the foolish things to humble the proud. Which means that when I am weak, that is when I am truly strong.

He will finish the good work he stared in me, and he will do it in a way that is immeasurably more than I could ever ask or imagine. He will lead me all the way in a triumphal precession so every where I go, my life will spread the truth and knowledge of Christ's love for the world.

So thanks again guys for your amazing words of encouragement. And your continued love and support. You bless me deeply and keep me pressing on toward growth and truth; toward the man God created me to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home