Come and See
Well I finally did it! I got caught up on loading photos to the web.Colorado portions of the USA Trip!
(Well OK I still haven't gotten the Halloween pictures from my friend but the rest are there)
Why did it take so long?
Well the past few weeks I have been busy study for the Level Four Japanese Exam. That's the lowest level and you work up to Level One. It's been great to have to push myself deeper into Japanese. The extra studying really paid off. My communication is still GREATLY limited, but I definitely moved to a new level. Before the test I was only trying to practice speaking. Which was important, but the test moved me into reading and understanding some kanji as well. So now it is also a bit easier for me to read emails that students send.
As for the test itself. Well I made a critical error. The whole month before the test my teacher kept saying, "What ever you do don't get sick before the test!"
Well the week of the test my teacher got sick so we couldn't really met and my students who help me were all busy so I couldn't study with them. AND...
Yup, I got sick too.
So when I went to take the test I was 70 or 80% better but it still killed me in the listen section. This was a critical section in getting my score up to cover my weak area, grammar. So now I have to wait until February to find out the result. I need a 60% to pass. I think it will be by the grace of God alone that I pass this test.
But I can study for the Level Three exam even if I don't pass Level Four. And it's all just to motivate me to study amid a busy schedule. I don't need the language certification for my job.
One of the best parts of the day was the 20 minute walk to the test. Along the way I ran into all kinds of friends from my old language school. Many have continued to study full time since I left school and they are taking the Level Two or Level One test. AMAZING! I love reconnecting with these friends.
Throw in a Sports Camp and Birthday Prank and that pretty much catches you up on life here.
Click Here to see these days come to life in my photos!
They are loaded by date so you have to scroll down a bit to get back to the USA Trip folders

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home