A chapter comes to an end
Does that look a bit strange to you? The white stuff I'm use to but a palm tree under it, as an Illinois boy, that's new for me.
And the picture below left me feeling a little worried as well. How exactly do you ride a bike in the snow. The answer, it aint easy!
But they both prove that the locals here seem to be right about it snowing every other year in Utsunomiya. I was begining to have my doubts that I would ever see any real snow in Utsu.
Well this led to a great snowball fight after church with friends.

Marikit, on the far left, is from the Philipines and had never seen snow before, so having her join the snowball fight was a blast.
After this I headed out for a trip down to Tokyo. Which leads me to the title for this blog.
Sunday afternoon I took a rare personal trip down to Tokyo. Why?
To say goodbye. My friend Mary has finished her two year assignment with the Tokyo BEST Club and is heading back home to get ready for grad school in the fall.
I would say it's sad to see her go, but even after attending her goodbye party it still hasn't set in that she is leaving.
Joanna, Mary, and I came on staff together, prepared for Japan together, and left within a three month period of each other. I knew her time to leave would come but it is a bit strange seeing her leave. At the start of our time it looked like I would be returing shortly after her. But now with my extension I will be here for 14 more months after she leaves. Again, even typing this I don't think it has all settled in yet.
But another highlight of the trip was bonding more with Kyle and Jennifer, newer BEST Staff members in Tokyo.

How?? First they let me crash at their place.
AND THEN I joined the rest of the Tokyo Team in helping Kyle cheer the Giants to victory as we watched the Super Bowl together!

Kyle and Jennifer are so great, I love serving with them here.
So it was sad, but over all it was a great weekend!

1 Comments:
Obviously living abroad has had a negative impact on you as I saw you were cheering for the wrong team!!! Poor Keith. You just don't know any better anymore, I guess.
Post a Comment
<< Home