Saturday, December 16, 2006

Mountains High and Valleys Low

Life is good and life is rough. As I have talked with some friends recently I have seen just how true this is for so many of us. This led me to listen to the Album: Long Line of Leavers, by Cademon's Call. This is an amazing CD! For me, it captures the pain of life and the amazing potential each of our lives holds.

My favorite song from this album has to be: The Valleys Fill First so I thought I'd post the lyrics today.

The Valleys Fill First

This is the valley
that I'm walking through
And if feels like forever
since I've been close to you
My friends up above me don't understand
why I struggle like I do

My shadow's my only, my only companion
and at night he leaves too

Down in the valley,
dying of thirst
Down in the valley,
it seems that I'm at my worst

My consolation
is that you baptize this earth
When I'm down in the valley,
the valleys fill first

Down in this wasteland
I miss the mountaintop view
But it's here in this valley
that I'm surrounded by you
Though I'm not here by my will
it's where your view is the most clear
So I'll stay in this valley even if it takes 40 years

And it's like that long Saturday
between your death and the rising day
When no one wrote a word, wondered is this the end
But you were down there in the well, saving those that fell
Bringing them to the mountain again



May you also be cleansed by the water in the valley or rejoice as you bask in the warmth of the sun and the beauty of the mountain top today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home