Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Students


I wanted to post some comments students here have made recently.

I had a great talk with the young lady pictured here. She is a Freshman in BEST Club and Jesus has really captured her thoughts this year.

Mukku and I met last week after she asked me, "I can't believe in Jesus now, but Keith how do you believe in Him?"

We had a great talk over coffee and it was clear that she finds herself think about Jesus almost all the time.

She pulled out a page full of questions, Written in English!, that she and her friend Gachapin had come up with asking about Jesus.

She said "I have read all through the Bible (New Testament) trying to find out who Jesus is and what He means when He says things I don't like."

This girl is SERIOUS!! and I'm not the only person she is asking, she comes to B cubed every week with questions and a heart focused on learning. And she is asking all the people in BEST Club who believe in Jesus these same questions.

Please keep her in your prayers!


Here are some other comments students have made recently to our staff.


One young man said:

"I really want to believe Jesus, but I still believe there is more than one God, is that OK?"


Another guys said:

"Yes, my heart is hungry (for the type of love and relationship that Jesus is offering) but I have decided that I'll never find something like this to fill my heart. So I have just stopped hoping for it and try and ignore that feeling."


And one young lady (who usually seems distant to the Bible)
Recently shared her deep heart pain with Izumi at a Bible discussion.

With tears in her eyes she shared her story:

I have such a heavy burden with pain from my parents divorce. I can never escape it. But this verse, ...

I Corinthians 10:13

No temptation [trial]has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted [tried] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted [tried], he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

[in the Greek and Japanese temptation is translated trial in this verse]

... This verse says God is with me and I can feel him giving me that strength right now! He promises me that there is a way out!

Then all the girls decided to pray for her pain.


God's Truth and Presence is moving in the hearts of students.

Please pray for us on staff with the BEST Club:

That we will know how to help students learn to rest and listen and trust in His True Presence. That we would 'Prepare the way for the Lord,...

And please pray that the students would ...make straight paths for him.'

John the Baptist's words in Matthew 3:3

1 Comments:

At 5:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting that story, it is SWEET!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home