Thanks to friends...
This post is spurred by a September 20th entry in my friend Jess' blog that I read for the first time today. (http://crazyitaliangirl.blogspot.com/)Thanks so much Jess for now recharging me a second time from that evening together! I can't believe I won't see you for 7 months plus 5 more months (It sounds easier that way, just ask my Big Sis). I could definitely use weekly times like that, just opening our hearts and sharing. Next September I want to do that again for sure. So keep your schedule open Jess :)
And my time with Jess was just one example of friends and family who encouraged me during my brief 10 days back home. To all those I visited! Thanks for your encouragement and support! To those I wasn't able to see (especially in Bloomington and Chicago) my heart longs for a time when we can visit again.
Being back in Japan has been a bit rough. Good, but rough. Being back have given me new eyes to view my first 7 months here and I see that they were filled with caution and self protection.
If I want real, deep, true, friendships here I must risk more, be willing to initiate more.
I can feel like I don't have the strength to make this change and I lose hope. But when I remember that my strength is in Christ. And when I read Jess' blog entry I remember that I have awesome friends who lift me up in their thoughts and prayers. When I realize that the relationships I build are not only for God, or for me; but they also work to show these same dear friends that the life they live and the things they pray impact the World. What strengthening! What blessing!! What a great encouragement!!!
Does this mean that I will no longer struggle with fears? No, but I think God is continuing to move me forward and strengthen some very weak spots in my life.
I close with some words my friend Forrest recently shared in his blog.
"I know that God is faithful to work in me what is needed for his kingdom. If only it wasn't so painful. I know that he loves me and though this discipline hurts now it will bear fruit. God is not so wasteful that the[areas of weakness] in my life cannot be used. It will be used and to his glory..."
Thank you all for the ways you encourage me and lift me up in your thoughts and prayers. For sharing with me what you are learning and experiencing in this life.
With love from Japan,
Keith

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home