And the winner is...
Ah yes, this looks like the perfect fit!A 1992??? Toyota Master Ace Surf!
What a SWEET Ride!
A Big Thanks goes out to the Tokyo BEST Club for passing this van along our way. Hey Joanna thanks so much for getting this baby all cleaned up for us! It really is a huge blessing!!!

Wait it's a manual transmission!! No problem, I'm sure I can learn how to master that quick enough as I maneuver down narrow streets in this gigantic (for Japan!) van.
As you can see the adventure has already begun! We had a big group of students pile into the van last weekend and we headed out to catch the opening night of Pirates of The Caribbean II here in Japan.
Arrr!! It twer a great time mattie!
Have I mentioned that I am going to miss the summer friends when they leave in TEN Days!!!
I'm sure I'll get a better picture of the van later but I think this one is quite fitting, sitting quietly in the background as the students have fun.
It's a perfect fit for the Utsu BEST Club!

4 Comments:
Ah!! I can't believe my name came attached to that beast. ha ha! No joke, that car was a DREAM COME TRUE for us the two weeks or so I drove it. Sorry the music doesn't work and there is food in the teeny weeny crevices of space that only the teeniest of fingers could shove food into. Ha ha!! I am glad you are enjoying the van. When you give her a proper name let me know... sad day when the summer teams leave. How does the long term staff DO THIS every year? Man, break my heart...
Very cool! It's always neat how God provides, eh? We just bought a '93 Passat (an automatic, due to my inability to learn to drive a stick) so that I'm not stuck at home all day. We bought it from a couple who works for the Salvation Army. The stories our respective vehicles could tell.......
Thanks for blogging....it's fun to keep up with what you are doing, and very cool to see what God is doing in and through you. Keep it up!
Didn't you decide to name it, "The Black Pearl?" I think if you name it that it should be mandatory that whoever steps inside must start talking in pirate. It would make for some good laughs I'm sure.
The summer team will miss you too, Keith. You've been a good friend, brother, and encouragement over the past two months (and have made me laugh a lot!). Continue to stay in touch with us after we leave! I'll be praying for you as you serve God over here!
Thanks for the comments! It's great to hear from people again.
Yes indeed The Black Pearl is in the running but the tradition here is that the summer friends name the van so I really don't have the final say it what the van's name will be. So you guys have to make your decision before you leave.
Post a Comment
<< Home