Saturday, May 27, 2006

Where to start?

It is getting so busy around here. I feel like could tell you 50 stories of things going on here but there just isn't enough time.

So I'll just add some details to my update letter.

First: I have two weeks of language class left and the intensity has really picked up. Please pray that I will keep wrestling with and comprehending the new vocabulary and grammar even as my brain tries to figure out how to apply the information from the weeks before.

Second: The Summer Friends arrive on May 30th. There will be 25 friends in Japan this summer. Of those 2 guys and two girls will be in Utsunomiya for about two months. Please be praying for their adjustment here, and mostly for their friendships with the students. It is my desire and my responsibility to help them with both of these so please pray for my wisdom as well.

Third: Kodomo no Mori Camp



The first big trip of the semester and it was a huge success. 60!!! of us attended this camp. And it was a great time for the freshman to get to know each other and the rest of the group. Cooking over a camp fire, sleeping in tents (well for an hour or two anyway. There was just to much to do to take time to sleep!) and then floor hockey the next morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home