Saturday, April 01, 2006

Fukei: The conclusion

So I have told you through past updates about Miho and Naoge accepting Christ. But there were two other students in the Bible Study Sarah and I led. So here is my final Fukei update. Well, at least for now.

Nara and Sayaka were also in the group that Sarah and I met with. Neither of them really speak much English comfortably, but I am amazed at how much God still opened our hearts to one another even without many words. It was good to see them again before they left Utsunomiya.

Please pray for Nara, he is dealing with bitterness right now. He is very athletic and recently hurt his knee. He knows God is real and he is mad that God allowed him to hurt his knee. Tom, another staff worker here, has dealt with the same injury and is helping him decide about surgery. Nara's job is somewhat close to Utsunomiya. Please pray that Tom and I will be able to find time to take trips to visit him once he goes off to work. Because Fukei doesn't end just because you move. Fukie lasts a lifetime.

Sayaka is leaving for a job in Tokyo. So she will be facing that stress soon. Also she and Nara are dating so she is dealing with the stress of a long distance relationship and the distance caused by Nara's bitterness. I would say that she guards her heart pretty deeply so surrendering her defenses and letting Jesus be her protector is a big hurdle for her.

Please join me in praying for Nara and Sayaka: Lord we know the devil has brought these unique pains into Nara and Sayaka's life to bring them suffering. But we fully believe that God, Your power wants to move into their lives and kick Satan and his lies out! And God, You want to fill those hurt places with Your Love! Turn these places into footings that allow You to create a firm foundation of Your Love and Faithfulness in Nara and Sayaka's life! We invite you to work in their lives though the power of Your Son and the power of His death and resurrection to save us from this life of brokenness and pain!


(By the way my language classes should start around April 5th. Please pray for my tongue and ears! I want so much to understand and speak to my friends here in their Heart Language!!!)

4 Comments:

At 5:00 AM, Blogger FarmWife said...

I just wanted you to know someone back home is keeping up with you. You should recognize my handle, it's a necessity for the anonimity we desire here on the farm. Come by and visit sometime!
Praying for you!

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

My prayers are with you as you learn this new language Keith.
"Father I pray that you will open Keith's mind to the complete understanding and and full memory recall that learning ta new language requires. Allow the sounds and words to flow easily from his tongue, allow him to easily remember what he has learned already and continue to remember the new words as they are taught to him. Bless his learning so that he may soon be able to speak in the native language of the people he has such a heart for. Lord I ask you to help Keith to relax each and every time he enters language class, and know that you are in control and you can do ANYTHING including helping him to learn such a complex language." Amen
love in Christ,
Jess

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Keith said...

Thank you so much for your prayers.

WOW Jess! I don't know if you knew you were leaving your comment on my birthday or not but it posted here on my birthday. What a great gift!!!

Domo, Domo. Domo Arigato!!! (Thank you, Thank you so much!)

 
At 5:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Farm wife's mama.
I'm so glad you have a blog. Now I can keep up with you and join in on the prayers that are lifted up to our Father.
May He bless you and the work you are doing in His name.
Happy 30th
Farm wife is right behind you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home