Friday, March 31, 2006

Fukei


Since last week's graduation parties I have heard that term over and over again by the seniors.

Fukei is a word that means brothers or family. Kind of like the American term: A band of brothers.

I wish I could show you video clips from the times I have been able to spend with the seniors as tears rolled down there faces. Miho (back row far left) couldn't enter the party as she was announced because she was crying so hard. She is one of the students that was in the Bible Study I co-led with Sarah when I was here in 04. At that time she was not a believer.


Shortly after that summer she opened her heart to Christ and you may remember from a past update that after accepting Christ she asked the church to pray that the small sprout of faith in her heart would grow into something green and beautiful. That prayer has indeed been answered. The way God's Love and Spirit has grown in her heart since that time is amazing. My words here can not express the joy in my heart as I have been able to come back and vist with her as a sister in Chirst.

Thank you Lord for the Love and Faith you have brought into Miho's life. It will be tough for her to leave a Fukei of supportive believers for the lonely and busy working world but she knows that You will be by her side holding her tightly in Your arms during this time of adjustment. Please bring her name back to our hearts on days when she is struggling most, may she feel the love of our prayers. Because those of us who's hearts have been touch by Miho's faith (even if we have never met her) we are part of her Fukei.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home