The Love of a Jealous Kind!
I love the way the Lord can break through my heart and speak to my broken parts. Many times it seems to be through the words sung by Jars of Clay. When I was here back in 2004 it was often through the songs on their The Eleventh Hour album. So far the music that has most touched that part of my heart during the short but roller coaster time that I have been in Japan is once again Jars of Clay. This time it’s their Who We Are Instead album.
Here are some various lines that really spoke to me:
*We set our bodies down like offerings…
but we pray to the god of the lesser things
Chorus:
Is there grace for the wayward heart?
*Can’t find no rest for my soul
Can’t find no rest on my own
Jesus told me so
(Yet) I keep running the other way.
*Try to jump away from Rock that keeps on spreading
Solace in the shift of the sinking sand
I’d rather feel the pain all too familiar
Than to be broken by a Lover I don’t understand
Then the parts that make my heart leap inside my chest:
* bury my head full of shame
You pick me up and say I look like You
though it makes no sense to me
You make me believe that I could trust someone
that I could ever trust someone
*it's just enough to be strong
in the broken places, in the broken places
~"The world breaks every one and afterward
many are strong at the broken places"
-- from "A Farewell to Arms" by Ernest Hemingway
*Jesus blood never failed me yet… never failed me yet.
Jesus blood never failed me yet
This one thing I know that He loves me so.
~over and over for 4 minutes
Taken from an old recording made by a homeless man in the 1940.
He walked into a studio and started singing these words
over and over for nearly an hour.
Here are some various lines that really spoke to me:
*We set our bodies down like offerings…
but we pray to the god of the lesser things
Chorus:
Is there grace for the wayward heart?
*Can’t find no rest for my soul
Can’t find no rest on my own
Jesus told me so
(Yet) I keep running the other way.
*Try to jump away from Rock that keeps on spreading
Solace in the shift of the sinking sand
I’d rather feel the pain all too familiar
Than to be broken by a Lover I don’t understand
Then the parts that make my heart leap inside my chest:
* bury my head full of shame
You pick me up and say I look like You
though it makes no sense to me
You make me believe that I could trust someone
that I could ever trust someone
*it's just enough to be strong
in the broken places, in the broken places
~"The world breaks every one and afterward
many are strong at the broken places"
-- from "A Farewell to Arms" by Ernest Hemingway
*Jesus blood never failed me yet… never failed me yet.
Jesus blood never failed me yet
This one thing I know that He loves me so.
~over and over for 4 minutes
Taken from an old recording made by a homeless man in the 1940.
He walked into a studio and started singing these words
over and over for nearly an hour.
Man, to me, that speaks of the depth and power of Christ beyond any other words.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home