Hold on Tightly
I know I just posted a few days ago. Please don't overlook that post.But I have been wrestling with some fears these past few days. And just going over Proverbs 3:5&6 again and again. It says:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart.
Lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him.
And He will make your paths straight.
And the Lord has been so faithful to show me His power by stopping me dead in my tracks and speaking words personally to my heart. Words that chase the lies and fears away!
He also spoke through the faithful actions of others. You didn't realize it but your actions were answering the cries of my heart. The Lord will reward you for your faithfullness!
I should be in bed now but I just keep being drawn to the repeat button as I listen to this U2 song. It is absolutely a song on God's heart that He sings to us.
Kind of His repeat response to my repeated cry! How awesome is that!!
I still can't get over that. He sings to us. The God of the Universe... sings to us?!!!! (Zeph 3:17)
Take His hand and hold on tightly... TODAY!! To a love that last forever!!
Listen to Him sing this song to you today!!
Drowning Man
by: U2
From the Album: War
Take My hand
You know I'll be there
If you can
I'll cross the sky for your love*...(put your name here)
For I have promised
Oh, to be with you tonight
And for the time that will come
Take My hand
You know I'll be there
If you can
I'll cross the sky for your love*
And I understand
These winds and tides
This change of times
Won't drag you away
Hold on, and hold on tightly
Hold on, and don't let go
Of my love
The storms will pass...the storm will pass...
It won't be long now...it won't be long now...
His love will last
His love will last...forever
Take My hand
You know I'll be there
If you can
I'll cross the sky for your love *
Give you what I hold dear
Hold on, hold on tightly
Hold on, hold on tightly
Rise up, rise up
With wings like eagles
You run, you run
You run and not grow weary...
Take my hand, take my hand...
Hold on, and hold on tightly
Hold on, hold on tightly
To this love...last forever
To this love...last forever
Take my hand
Take my hand
* my addition to the song

2 Comments:
Keith, thanks for reminding me of Zeph.3:17. I love that verse! That was the first verse that really brought home the point that God DELIGHTS in us. At the time, I didn't know anyone who delighted in me, and it was incredible to think that the God who knew all my yuckiness could delight in me - so much that He would sing over me. It was cool. So thanks for the reminder!
Though we're going in different directions these days, I'll keep on reading your blog and praying for you. Keep it up! Your heart encourages more people than you know.
KEITH! Thank you soooo much for adding that song in there! It was such a reminder for me as this month has been a roller coaster for me...it's good & then things go down hill again...I'm mostly on the down hill. I'm praying for you. Have a good day! Ashley
Post a Comment
<< Home