Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My Imoto-Chan's Kekkon!


My little sister (imoto-chan) is MARRIED!!!!

OK so some of you who know me well are thinking; wait?... Keith doesn't have a little sister!

Ah but that's where you are wrong!

After leaving Japan I was blessed to get some great emails of encouragement from Ayaka. She and April were great friends while we were in Utsunomiya that first summer. But Ayaka and I didn't really get much chance to talk because she was a busy Senior. But as a young believer in Christ she had questions she wanted to ask about my life in Christ. And one day in an e mail she started calling me her "Oni-Chan", (her "big brother" in Christ). That is a nickname I will cherish all the days of my life and I look forward to the day when we meet up on the Heavenly streets of gold and I hear her cry out Oni-Chan!!!

Times when fundraising was tough I would get an e mail from her or we would have an instant messenger conversations and the fire in my heart for Japan would rise up strong and beautiful again.

I can't thank each of you enough for the sacrifices you have made in your life to help me be here and to see my little Imoto-Chan get married, and to be a big brother to many, many other students here in Japan.

Please Join me in Praying for Ayaka and her husband Kidong!

Lord we lift up to You, these two young believers Kidong and Ayaka.
You crossed their paths even though they are from different countries.
You drew there hearts together.
You gave them the ability to understand each other in a special way.
Lord we ask you to Bless this marriage.
May they love they feel for one another
make them also understand Your love for them more and more.

Lord we pray Ecclesiastes 4:12 for Ayaka and Kidong

A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated,
but two can stand back to back and conquer.
Three are even better,
for a triple braided cord is not easily broken.

Braid Yourself deeply into Ayaka and Kidong's life.
When trials come strength them
and keep them close to You.
Make there love a Special Love.
A love that Shines of Your faithfulness.
May their family and friends that don't yet know You;
May they see Your truth and reality,
because of the love they see in Ayaka and Kidong.
I'm having some issues with posting pictures so hopefully I can add more pictures of the wedding later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home