Times of Change
I leave for America in a little over 24 hours.Am I packed? No!
Am I excited? Yes?
I would also say I am scared. I've been gone 7 months. It is going to feel strange being "back home." In some ways I am not going home, I am a tourist visiting America with a large group of Japanese students. How strange is that?? I'm not "home" in Japan, yet I won't really be home in America either. I'm an alien and a stranger in this world.
Other Changes
Kaden:

Gone! We found out our lease didn't allow us to have pets. Kaden now lives with Yoshihiro's girlfriend's parents in Shizuoka. No more cute little Kaden. No more scratching at the walls, crying in the night; Kaden. I miss him already!!! Before Kaden I was never a big cat fan. But Krazy Kaden was so much fun and so cute I will really miss him!
The Black Pearl
(sorry photo won't load!)
In permanent dry dock! After less than two months, while moving Tomo's stuff from Sendai to Utsu she started loosing water (not good for a land ship!) and I guess there was soon smoke billowing everywhere. Bryan had borrowed her for the weekend, so I got a call from the road saying the Black Pearl was no more! My sword was rescued from the ship, but my pirate hat went down with the ship!
And I was just getting the hang of driving a stick!!
Reminds me of a short lived 1971 Chevy Nova we had when I was a kid. I think it lasted a week at the most. I'll have to ask my dad what was wrong with that car. I was like eight and it had these cool Yosemite Sam "back off" floor mats. Strange what your mind remembers.
(Oh yeah that's another change we have a new staff member, Tomo, here in Utsu. I'm looking forward to working with him next semester!)
Ryan and Angie
(same here, the photo won't load)
I feel like I was getting to really know them! But now their time in Japan is coming to an end. When I get back from America they will leave in a week or two tops. I remember when I got here they were saying they would leave in October. But at that time it seemed so far away. How can October be so close already?
HOW HAVE I LIVED IN JAPAN FOR ALMOST 7 MONTHS!!!!!??????
It's crazy! Time moves too quickly! But what are you going to do?
I wish I was better at making the most of every opportunity. Forget about fears and doubts. Just get out there and live. That's what I keep telling myself but the change doesn't come that easily.
But I'm not giving up. I will battle on to make the most of every opportunity.
You want to pray for me? That'd be great!
I started to pray Proverbs 3:5-6 today.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.
"Trust in the Lord." That was as far as I got. I couldn't move past those words. I know they are true. I could hear God's voice speaking to me and assuring me that they are true. "You can trust Me!" Yet, I wouldn't let Him in.
There are times in my life when it's like I lock myself in a castle to protect myself. I put up the drawbridge and think. "Maybe I'll be safe here?" The problem is I also leave God on the other side of that drawbridge. He wants me to not only open up the door but actually move out of the castle. To no longer hide from the world but to live with Him as my protector, always at my side. Always ready to defend!
I think John 17:15 makes that pretty clear. Jesus said:
My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.
That's prety clear. He doesn't want us to hide and He wants to protect us.
So yeah, if you could pray that I would move out of that castle I would really appreciate it!
Thanks so much!

2 Comments:
Wow Keith, that is a lot of change going on! I am praying for you Keith, and I am confident that by the grace of God the time that you have spent in Japan has been fruitful even if you don't feel that you have made the most of every opportunity.
And that kitty is soooo cute! No wonder you miss him!
I hope I can see you when you come back to the states!
It was so good to see you in the flesh last weekend. Hope all is well upon your return! God Bless You.
Post a Comment
<< Home