Saturday, November 18, 2006

A short one

WOW I had forgotten how tough language learning is.

Back in October after returning to Japan from my month in the States I thought getting restarted on language was tough. For the first few weeks my teacher would have to "Japanese Yell at me" Which means she very slightly raised her voice and asked "Are you studying outside of class?" Not an American yell by any means but I felt so bad because I knew how hard it was for her have to show even that small amount of frustration to a student. Part of me wanted to just give up. But we plugged on and I brushed back up on all that I had forgotten after a month away. In fact somethings finally started clicking and I was finally able to start speaking some very simple sentences with the students from time to time. All thanks to my great language tutor. So I was feeling encouraged.

That was until today!

Back in April I started language school for two months and it was intense!!! Everyday my mind was way overloaded with new words and grammar. Many times it felt like I was learning absolutely nothing. But in reality it was packing my brain with new knowledge to later be released. In June I finished language school and soon found a tutor to meet with one on one to help me release that information. So until this week I have been reviewing information from my language school.

But now as I prepare for next week I am now returning to the land of new information. My brain is looking at words it's never seen before and I am making sounds I'm sure my mouth has never made before.

AND MY BRAIN HURTS!!!

Nihongo no benkyo wa amari tanoshikunakatta desu!
-Studying Japanese wasn't very fun (I think that's right?)

I got some other update stuff I also want to post soon but that will have to wait.

For now it's back to language study :(

1 Comments:

At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh Keith. If only I could sympathize... oh wait. I can! How could I forget that language is liking having my teeth pulled. But with a purpose I guess... Hey Illinois says to tell you hello and wants you know it's colder than Tokyo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home