Monday, October 09, 2006

The Departure of RyAngie

















It has happened again!


Yet again people are leaving Japan!!!


This time it's Ryan and Angie!


They have been in Utsunomiya for over two years helping with the Jr. BEST Club and with our college BEST as well. They were a great couple! They loved the Lord well and touched so many lives during their time here.

They love to take us all camping and they always WOWed us with their swing dancing moves!

But all good things come to an end. Their time here has ended and I know their families are rejoicing to have them back home. Ryan, I hope the surprise return was fun for you mom!

It will be the most strange this Wednesday when we head to staff Bible Time and you two aren't there!!!


Other things I am missing:

-Pizza and Mexican Food.

My month back in the states allowed me to get a taste of both again and it was sooo goooood!!! I don't know how RyAngie did it. They were here in Japan for over two and a half years without a trip home. No deep dish pizza for over two years!!!! Is that possible?????


-The Black Pearl


Is it possible to not drive on the right side of the road and sift with your left hand? I don't think so. Just ask my family about pulling out of that gas station in California. Yikes!!!

But there is another reason why I find myself thinking of he Black Pearl these days. And it too is related to Ryan and Angie.

Have I mentioned how great Ryan and Angie are. When they heard about the sinking of the Black Pearl, that I was a Shipless Captian they graciously offered to give me their car when they left Japan.
What a huge blessing!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, RYAN AND ANGIE!!!!!

Cue: Back to the Future Theme Song!

So without further ado.

I introduce to you ......

DOLORES THE DELORIAN!!!!






Pretty awesome!!!

And it already has a great history with the BEST Club! The above mentioned camping was made possible by the All Time 4WD and amazing Height Control Suspension. (Notice the front skid plate just below the front license plate!! This thing is an off road beast!!!) And it has successfully navigated snowy mountains for our annual ski camp!

This really is a huge blessing! While I was slowing getting the hang of shifting the already difficult Japanese driving test would have been nearly impossible for me to pass.

PLUS THE RADIO WORKS!!!

It's called The DeLorian because of the swing up rear hatch!

When in the form of it's alter ego it poses as an early 90's Toyota Sprinter, CARIB, touring edition, 16 value EFI station wagon .

So Watch Out! You never know when this beast may show up in your neighborhood!

Thanks again Ryan and Angie. I know God will watch over you and guide you down this next step in your life together. We will miss you here in Japan, but you are in our prayers!

1 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger chewie said...

Hey Keith keep going God will give you more back up. Maybe I should come and open a mexican/deep dish pizza place and share the gospel :p
FORREST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home