FALLing Behind





So I've got what like 8 days left before fall is over so I'm not that far behind really. It IS still fall!
But seeing as how Christmas is 13 days away it just might be a good idea to get this post up.
Autumn has been gorgeous here this year. Mostly sunny and the days have mainly been in the 60's. Now it's around the low 50's to high 40's. But really pleasant. When it's cloudy or rainy though, man watch out! You really feel the cold those days.
About a week ago we finally bought new kerosene for the heaters and I got some heat in my room. I had held out as long as I could. For a week or two before that I would bundle up to try and work in my room but I really couldn't keep my hands and feet warm because after about 9 pm it was dropping into the 30's. So we had to admit that the warm weather was gone.
Ok so the first two pictures are from Central Park here in Utsu. It's a beautiful park just across the street from our church so we often hang out here for lunches after church. Well when it was warm we did :(
The third picture is of the bridge and tree in front of the visitors center for the Utsunomiya Jo (that's what a Japanese fort/Castle is called, a Jo) It was bombed in WWII and they are actually rebuilding it right now.
Then a close up shot of the beautiful momiji (red maple leaves) bright red, orange, a color of brown between these two and a yellow orange are the main colors or the leaves here. The shade of red and brown some how seems different from the red and browns of Illinois, but I can't seems to describe exactly what that difference is.
The final two shots are of Ginko trees, which are also famous here in Japan. The first picture is the 400 year old tree in downtown Utsu. It's amazing to see that narled trunk up close. The second is a shot close up of Ginko leaves in some Japanese grass outside the library on campus.
Anata wa ima nihhon kouyou ryoko owari desu (Your Japanese leaf color changing tour is now finished.) [I think I am missing a particle, like a no or a de or a ni, in there somewhere, but I think that's close...]
If you want to see more pictures of the fall leaves you can go back to the top of this page and under the Links section on the right click the title that reads "My online photo page" and then click on the 11-22-06 Fall Leaves title after it takes you to the new page.

3 Comments:
Wow, those are some beautiful pictures! It makes me happy to see something so beautiful. It sounds like you are doing well Keith, I hope that you can stay warm. :-)
I fully understand the "not like Illinois" colors. They aren't. They're brighter. More...saturation maybe?
Beautiful! God's creation!
Those pictures are beautiful! Especially the first one, you could totally sell that one. It looks like something they would put in one of those Christian inspirational books or something.
Post a Comment
<< Home