Castle Rock
OK here is a quick post connected to my travels this summer. This entry is a tribute to Castle Rock, CO. It a quaint little town (but now quickly growing) between Denver and The Springs.My favorite memory is from a few years ago when the pump malfunctioned and failed to shut off. For a moment I had Old Faithful spewing out of my gas tank! As a result I got invited in to the house connected to station to clean up a bit. The place was a mess and a toilet was sitting in the living room while there was nothing more than a hole in the floor in the bathroom. Again this wasn't actually open to the public and while the whole wasn't being "used." From the random garbage tossed in it was clear the project wasn't moving as quick as someone probably originally hoped.
So if your ever on I-25 heading North I encourage you to stop by Castle Rock, track down the trail to the top of the castle and get some cheap gas. (Or if your a die hard fan like me take an earlier exit when coming South and enjoy the dropping prices as you drive though town)
I'm sure there won't be a second gas geyser experience, and as you walk up to pay you can ask them if they every got their little bathroom remodeling project finished.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home