Thursday, September 10, 2009

See I told you

Well I finally did it. I got all my photos updated and just in time. Fall is coming quickly upon us here. So you can view my pictures and relive Spring and Summer. It will be fun! It's mostly photos from the road as I put 12,000 miles on my car in 4 months. But there are also some fun pictures, and some of friends (looking back I wish I had more of the latter) A few of the albums are highlighted below, click the titles to see more.


Spring (photos)

The shots of spring cover the point where I was struggling most with my readjust- ment. As I look back I still remember clearly how much I just kind of wanted to be alone and not see anyone. It was hard to let go of Japan and re-embrace my life and friends here in America. Most of the time my heart just felt cold and confused


Wild West (photos)

As summer arrived I was coming out of my shell, and hitting the road really gave me a chance to relax and kind of fall in love again with this Big Wide Open country, America, my home. The big rolling hills and big bright blue sky of the Dakotas was a really blessing to me. And hearing the stories of many others, durring this trip, who have experienced life cross culturally really helped me get the big picture of what this readjustment process will look like.
Chicago

And finally just this past weekend I was able to spend some great time with friends from High School. Being around life time friends kind of erases time and space and you are just you. I really enjoyed laughing hard and catching up with these precious friends who have always accepted me just as I am. [Phone number or no phone number :) inside joke]

So now fall is here I'm in my second week of Grad School and another new phase is upon me. The picture of Life from here out is coming in to focus more and more. I still have many months of awkward moments and adjustment ahead. But I must say. Life is good. And as a wise friend recently said
God is good...
...All the time
And all the time...
...God is good!

Amen to that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home