Monday, August 10, 2009

It's coming really

So someday I will actually get to the point where I can type some kind of story about some recent events and trips in my life but it's still not today. Just when I thought I was done with my final update I found some missing labels which explains the all the extra updates I had sitting around. So I still have a few more days of work before I'm done. Also August will be filled with house painting and I'm excited to have a chance to return to this summer job after a three year break.

Well the real reason for this update comes from a great discussion I was blessed to be able to have with a friend last night. Don't you just love it when those moments happen! My friend did an amazing job of just listening to me and helping to draw me out of hiding from questions and fears as I continue to process and unknot the issues in my heart that remain from my time in Japan and about questions of what the future hold.

So thanks Becky! And thanks to my other friends who have listened and asked questions that have helped me understand that feeling strange and uncomfortable and even sad right now isn't something that I need to change or get over. It is a stage of life to embrace, learn from, and maybe someday even cherish. It won't be easy but I am excited to be developing this perspective.

This morning I was glancing though an old journal and a passage really jumped out that explain a bit of how my heart often feels these days.

Psalm 13

How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
(More like How long will I hide my face from You?)
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and everyday have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD
for he has been good to me.

So thanks again to all my friends who are helping me show my face to Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home