Monday, February 09, 2009

An Early Goodbye

Remember in a previous post I said I had an event that was still unfolding and would post about it later(and upload photos). Well, welcome to later!
If you have looked at my Facebook page in recent days you have likely seen this photo. It's my recreation of a famous billboard on the expressway in downtown Tokyo. But why did I decided to recreate this photo?

Japan requires a car inspection every two years and The DeLorean's inspection expired at the end of January. As much as I would have liked to have kept her around it wasn't possible. She had enough problems that you almost run out of fingers trying to count them all. So it was unlikely that she would:
1. pass inspection

2. last another two years even if repaired

So we agreed that it was time to say goodbye to The DeLorean
















With the dollar being weak we though it was a crazy time to buy a new car, but in the end after much prayer, God blessed us with an amazing van. In fact if the economy were good this very basic business model van would have been shipped to Russia. It's a 1997, but it was only driven an average of 100 or so miles a month by the president of a company!! It's just like NEW! And cost roughly the same price as inspecting and repairing The DeLorean. PRAISE GOD! I know it will serve The BEST Club well for many years after I'm gone.

















OK I just want to close with a few photo memories of my faithful companion, The DeLorean!



3 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, Blogger James Craver said...

Fare thee well, DeLorean!

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Joanna Kay said...

sweet sweet DeLorean, how I will miss thee. You were a faithful little car and never threw us over a mountainside when your drive (ahem) was speeding down a mountainside. Or should I say, I thought he was speeding down a mountainside. You were good, little car. Now rest well in the knowledge that Japan will most likely recycle your parts and make you into a robot.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Keith said...

That's right! I wasn't "speeding". I was trying to make sure we didn't turn into a Carib-cicle in the middle of a desereted snow packed mountain road. Everyone else however seemed to be more worried about becoming a crushed Carib-cicle "if" we slid off the mountian. Now my dear Joanna, why would you of all people, ever think I would slide off a road???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home