Saturday, January 31, 2009

Where to start?

WOW it's hours away from the start of February and I haven't posted anything all month. After the unexpected trip back home I feel like I've been playing catch up here in Japan. I'm not really sure where to start. But I recently found some time to get some photos posted, so let go by albums.


First off, my trip home meant I missed the Christmas Party that I was in charge of planning. But as you can see from these photos the students helping me did an amazing job in my absences.


A day after returning from the U.S. I was on a train for 12 hours making my annual trek down to the Osaka area to visit my roommate's ,Yoshihiro, family for New Years. It was a good time to rest and begin to reflect on 2008 (Which was very needed!)



Then the rest of January can be found in pictures here. We celebrated my friend Yuki's birthday, said goodbye Emi (a Co-leader of by Bible Discussion group) as she studies in the the States for a year. And I went on a one day Snowboarding trip to the local mountains with some students.




We had a new student move in with us for a few months. I forgot to take a picture at our first house dinner time!! But it's a real answer to prayer which you can read about in more detail at Alan's blog.


There was one other big event that kept me busy but that Album is still in the works. So, on that, I'll leave you waiting and wondering.

4 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Joanna Kay said...

ohmygosh. You are on the home stretch. Sorry if that made you mad. I always hated when people reminded me of how close I was to leaving. "Let me live in my bubble of happiness" even if the bubble was about to burst. I tried to ignore the fact that I was leaving the nest...
anyway, you can ignore me after this last comment.
I will be in Illinois March 14-21st ish (emphasis on ish) and I would really like to see you if you are in the area.
If not then....

now, please go back to your state of oblivious naivety.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Keith said...

I'm sorry did you say something Jo? I can't seem to hear you very well. It's almost like I'm in a bubble or something.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger James Craver said...

Is that Yoshihiro's dad in the picture? I LOVE THE FIRE JACKET! I WANT ONE! My birthday's coming up... j/k
Well, it is coming up in a month, but you don't need to get me a jacket in this warm weather.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Keith said...

HA HA HA. (Actually I guess I should say lol ;) Hey James I'll have to pass that question onto Yoshihiro. He'll get a kick out of it. I didn't think of that when I was typing next to such a small picture. No that's his aunt (mom's twin sister) and the "captin' of the boat, who was close to 80, so it be more like his grandpa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home