Monday, May 26, 2008

Make me burn

Here is part of the lyrics from an older song that has recently made it on to my play list. Between Japanese language lessons and Japanese & Chinese pop muisc, I do actually have some English to listen to. And I really enjoy this one.

The Man You Want Me To Be
Newsboys
Adoration 2003 (Disk 2)

I've been listening all my life
words are spoken all the time
I have heard the liars and the true
voices twisting in the air sweetly sounding so unclear
but nothing can replace a word from You

Jesus make me the man that You want me to be
Jesus make me the man You want to see

a child is but for so long
turn around those days are gone
nothing can restrain the years of youth
I have swallowed lies that tasted true
the plans I thought were sent from You
when all You wanted was for me to be still

the burning in the heart of our deepest desire
is rising like a flame burning higher and higher
burning in the heart of our deepest desire is to know You
Oh that my heart would burn ever stronger to know Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home