Sometimes you want to go - where everybody knows your name...
Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away? Sometimes you want to go -
where everybody knows your name
and they're always glad you came.
Something tells me I will be wishing for this kind of place tomorrow. Why you ask???
Well tomorrow I get to spend the day at ... The DMV!!
Yes I know you are all jealous. But that's just one of the perks of living overseas. You get to study and take your driving test all over again. (Blind Spot! don't forget to check your blind spot!) And this time on the other side fo the road and with an instructor giving your directions in another language.
OK, so yeah, actually I have been kind of dreading this day for quite sometime so Monday morning, your Sunday night you could throw a quick prayer up for me. That things go well and I understand the guys instructions. That would be great!
Actually God already answered a huge prayer. I will have a friend to go with me. SWEET!!
My friend Ai also needs to take her driving test so we are heading over together to conquer this beast!! It's a whole day affair so from 9 to 5 on Monday I'll be at the DMV.
Here are some other updates
I have added more pictures to my yahoo photo's account so click that photo link to the right and check out these folders:
01-16-07 Yoshiki moves out :(
Yup Yoshiki's company moved him with ten days notice. I'm not happy about it, but I trust that God can continue to work in Yoshiki's heart even if he's not here in Utsu living at Aim High. But I miss my sleepy roommate already.
01-23-06 My room
The last picture you saw of my room is was way empty as the summer friends moved out. I have put up some pictures on the walls to give it some life.
12-24-06 Ustu Christmas
This one is late in coming, so you have to scroll down abit to find it. I was getting some letters from people asking what Christmas was like here and I realized that I never downloaded this folder of pictures. It gives you a view of the city and yet another chance to see my room looking more settled in.
Final notes:
Hey Martain! This one's for you (and anyone else interested!) http://www.tokyobest.org/sij/index.html
This is the site that explains how to become a summer friend here in Japan. We'd love to have you join us!!
And the site that I can't wait to check out.
http://www.urbana.org/u2006.webcast.cfm
I've heard from some friends that this was another amazing conference, even if Urban is now in St. Louis. So in a few more days when Aim High get it's internet connection back I'll be using some of my free moments in the weeks to come to listen in though the web casts to see what it was like.
I helped with set up for the last two Urbana's that were actually in Urbana (2000 and 2003) and was able to sit in on some meetings with the comp tickets that I got for helping. And the local cable company always aired all the main meetings so I could watch at home too! Having Urbana in Urbana was a huge blessing to me. It certainly helped shaped my heart for the world and helped to bring me to Japan. The town won't be quite the same without it.
I will always remember ringing in the New Year in The Assembly Hall with like 20,000 people from all over the world praising God. It was AWESOME!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home