Monday, January 15, 2007

Akemashite omedeto gozaiemasu...

...Kotoshi mo yoroshiku onegashimasu

Translation: Something like; Please open this new year with happiness

Well a lot has happened since my last post (which I see failed to load correctly, I guess you don't get to see that video after all).

We lost
our internet connection about a week before Christmas and have now switched providers but the change won't take affect until Feb 1st. So that has sent me to Mc Donalds, and other surprising locations, to use the internet. McD's has the same 6 to 10 songs of Muzak on a loop and I have listened to those songs at least a 100 times, but I press on to keep you informed!

I hope you are doing well and enjoying this new year of 2007.

I have spent most of today catching up on e mails and communication with family so I only have time for a quick update.

For Christmas I visited Saku, a small town in Nagano: home of the Japanese Alps, and the general area of the 1998 Olympics. I was there with the other short term American staff who are in Japan with the BEST Club. It was so relaxing I really needed that break.

On the 28th , after a 5 hour drive I returned to Ustnomiya and a little over an hour later was on the road again for a New Years trip to Kansai.

This includes Kobe (famous for a big earthquake about 10 years ago), Kyoto ( The former capitol of Japan and therefore has many traditional buildings and castles), and Osaka the rich fashion design area of Japan.

This was an 8 hour trip that stretched to 12 because of snow. I was so thankful that I wasn't the one driving.

I went to visit an old friend named Kazi and to meet my roommates family. It was amazing to see a new part of Japan but the biggest highlight was seeing the deep faith that Yoshihiro's family has. It was a joy to just sit around the table with them and see there passion and his parents skill in raising 3 rowdy boys.

I have updated my photo web site if you want to see pictures from those trips. I now file photos by date first and then name to hopefully help you find things more easily. So if you look at 12-25-06 Saku Christmas, and 1-01-07 Kansai Trip you can find these latest photos. Just Click that link for my photos over to the right. Enjoy!


2 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

McD isn't a bad place to be, esp. if you're ever in the Effingham, IL area...I work at one! Have a great day!

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update and the post card dude!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home