Saturday, March 27, 2010

Coming and Going

These past few weeks have been a flurry of activity. When the semester kicks in it seems like the list of things that needs my attention never stops. I've adjusting to it little by little but it's still a work in progress.
But now I'm on Spring Break so I have a little bit of time to catch my breath and catch you up with some photos and stories

First lets go back to Feb. I had a great opportunity to take a quick trip to Indy to see some old friends. Jason was a Summer Friend back in 2006. My first summer as a Mid-termer. I've mentioned he and his summer team before. He and his teammates were a quality group that really blessed our ministry and helped me get some great ideas to strive to recreate in the coming summers when I was ask to take care of the Summer Friends when they came for the summer. Well Jason and his awesome wife have finished raising the funds to return to Japan for two or three years themselves. It's been exciting to see photos of them now in Utsunomiya with old friends and starting to develop new relationships as well.

But not only did I see Jason and Megan commissioned by their home church I also got to visit with Len an awesome young man from the 2008 Summer team. AND... I got to meet Sophie, who will be a summer worker this summer. It was wonderful to get a chance to meet Sophie and get a glimpse of yet another awesome team preparing to hit Japan for the summer.


While I've come to the States with some students from Utsunomiya they have never come to Japan. Well, that all just changed last week as I had my first chance ever to bring a bit of Japan to Illinois with me. Masumi, a good friend and member of the weekly Bible Study I use to lead in Japan. Masumi has been studying English in Salt Lake City so we planned a little Spring Break Trip and she flew into Chicago for a few days. We had a great time caching back up again while exploring the beauty and flavors of Chicago. It was an absolutely wonderful time.

In the days ahead I'll be back to school back to a great extended subbing position. The world around us is coming back to life as spring unfolds and I've scoped out a place I hope to visit each week to watch the stages of spring pop up before me. A happy and energizing time as always.
However, I have a strange feeling in my heart as April approaches. While I am feeling much more settled in my life here in the States it is still strange to be stepping into the one year anniversary of my departure from Japan. There was sorrow and joy in my heart as I recently saw photos of this year's graduation in Utsunomiya.

I'd appreciate your prayers as I continue to walk through stages of this transition in life.

Thanks!

Well that catches you up a bit on me. What's up with you??

2 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger megan said...

i know this is SUPER late, but i'm catching up on blogs and i wanted to let you know how MUCH it meant for us that you drove across the state line just for the morning to see us off. you are a dear friend and we are so thankful for you, keith!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Keith said...

No problem Megan. Thanks for stopping by :) It's been fun watching your Japan story unfold I wouldn't have missed any of it for the world. I am so excited that you two are there loving my old friends and making lots of new friends as well. Keep going on the language study. You two are doing great. A few more months and you will be speaking Japanese better than me ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home